Blue Light Card. Individually great, together unstoppable
The Role and the Team
There’s never been a better time to join the team at Blue Light Card. We continue to grow rapidly in the UK and as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for Senior Data Scientist to join our Data & Insights team, in a newly created role where you can really make your mark setting up foundations.
We do the right thing, challenge the status quo, deliver on our promises, bring out the best in each other and treat others how we wish to be treated. If this resonates with you then we encourage you to apply to join our team at Blue Light Card and contribute to our mission.
What You’ll Do
- Set foundations for our data science capabilities
- Work collaboratively with Product, Engineering and Data Analytics to build, test, deploy and optimise new models, to help us improve our personalisation capabilities across our product and marketing channels
- Understand our business obstacles and translate into machine learning solutions that deliver impact to our members and partners
- Stay on top of trends, emerging technologies and players in the AI market and promote internally
- Partner with internal stakeholders and third parties as needed
What You’ll Bring
- A degree in a quantitative subject e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science or considerable experience in the data science field
- Proven hands on experience as a Data Scientist in a technical organisation, developing and productionising machine learning solutions
- Experience of setting up foundations and infrastructure or scaling a function
- Excellent programming skills e.g. Python, Pyspark, R
- Great communication skills and the ability to work effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders across different levels
- Previous experience with ranking and recommendations models would be desirable
Our members, partners and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do.
Our colleagues are integral to helping create the unique experience we deliver, so we’re genuinely committed to creating a place where our team love to work, and people want to join. We work as a team and try to have a bit of fun while we do it, and we recognise the importance of culture and the positive impact it can have on performance for you, the team, our organisation and our members. We believe in attracting the best talent no matter where you are, and have a hybrid working model, with colleagues based in London, the East Midlands and around the country.
We're also officially recognised as a Top 100 Great Place To Work UK, one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing, Top 100 Best Workplaces for Women and recognised as investors in wellbeing by Investors in People.
What We Offer
- Hybrid working and flexible hours
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days plus public holidays, buy and sell and an additional day off for your birthday
- A company bonus scheme
- Great social events e.g., Christmas party, family fun day, summer party, sports matches
- Relaxed dress code and modern office space (games area, chill-out areas, book club, free coffee/tea/soft drinks/snacks)
- Onsite gym (including access to free HIIT & stretch classes)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Group auto-enrolment pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, sick pay
- Company funded private medical insurance
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Employee assistance programme (including mental health support)