Blue Light Card. Individually great, together unstoppable
The Role and the Team
There’s never been a better time to join the team at Blue Light Card.
We continue to grow rapidly in the UK and have launched in Australia, and as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Lead to join our Identity team in the technology department. You’ll be responsible for the core registration and login journeys (backed by AWS Cognito), all the way through to membership management, card approvals and user verification.
We do the right thing, challenge the status quo, deliver on our promises, bring out the best in each other and treat others how we wish to be treated. If this resonates with you then we encourage you to apply to join our team at Blue Light Card and contribute to our mission.
What You’ll Do
- Support, coach and nurture engineers to cultivate a proficient, proactive and effective team
- Modernise our application by rebuilding the product from the ground up, with a focus on migrating the legacy PHP system
- Drive improvements through experimentation and A/B testing to ensure our application remains technologically relevant
- Take full ownership of your domain, contributing your expertise to foster a motivated, collaborative and innovative team culture
- Task delivery and solution design for complex engineering problems, consistently questioning choices to actively contribute to continuous delivery and improvement
- Collaborate with the Product Manager to translate the product vision into a technical plan guiding the architectural design and oversee its delivery
- Investigate business problems and actively participates in designing and coding solutions.
- As a peer to the product manager, you’ll turn the product vision into a technical plan and runs its architectural design and delivery
What You’ll Bring
- Experience coaching and mentoring developers on technical skills, effective ways of working, and in particular continuous delivery
- Extensive experience across our modern technology stack which includes React, Next.js and Typescript
- Hands on experience in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) adept at designing, implementing and optimising scalable solutions using tools like Terraform, Ansible or CloudFormation across any cloud platform, preferably AWS
- Exceptional communication skills within the team and across technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Previous experience developing roadmaps and architecture to guide technical and product development
- Demonstrable experience in guiding experimentation and agile testing practices working together with the product manager to deliver collaborative solutions
- Demonstratable expertise in working closely with Product Managers to deliver solutions
- Proven skill in formulating functional software designs that fulfil technical specifications but also complement with the overarching product strategies
Our members, partners and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do.
Our colleagues are integral to helping create the unique experience we deliver, so we’re genuinely committed to creating a place where our team love to work, and people want to join. We work as a team and try to have a bit of fun while we do it, and we recognise the importance of culture and the positive impact it can have on performance for you, the team, our organisation and our members. We believe in attracting the best talent no matter where you are, and have a hybrid working model, with colleagues based in London, the East Midlands and around the country.
We're also officially recognised as a Top 100 Great Place To Work UK, one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing, Top 100 Best Workplaces for Women and recognised as investors in wellbeing by Investors in People.
What We Offer
- Hybrid working
- 25 days plus public holidays, buy and sell and an additional day off for your birthday
- A company bonus scheme
- Great social events e.g., Christmas party, family fun day, summer party, sports matches
- Learning and development opportunities
- Group auto-enrolment pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, sick pay
- Company funded private medical insurance
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Employee assistance programme (including mental health support)
- Modern office space with onsite gym including access to free HIIT & stretch classes, games area, chill-out areas, book club, and more, when you visit our HQ in Cossington