Blue Light Card. Individually great, together unstoppable
The Role and the Team
There’s never been a better time to join the team at Blue Light Card.
We continue to grow rapidly in the UK and have launched in Australia, and as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Product Designer to join our growing product team. You’ll play a crucial role in shaping the visual identity and user experience of our products, as we look to revamp our product experience to be easier and more fun to use.
We do the right thing, challenge the status quo, deliver on our promises, bring out the best in each other and treat others how we wish to be treated. If this resonates with you then we encourage you to apply to join our team at Blue Light Card and contribute to our mission.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to understand project goals and user requirements
- Create visually appealing and intuitive designs for web and mobile applications
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mock-ups to effectively communicate design concepts
- Ensure design consistency and coherence across all platforms and devices
- Iterate on designs based on feedback from stakeholders and usability testing
- Stay up to date with industry trends, design tools, and emerging technologies
What You’ll Bring
- Mid-level experience in product design, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design and research work
- Proficiency in design tools such as Sketch, Figma, or Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong understanding of design principles and user-centred design
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Experience with design thinking, design systems and basic graphic design skills would be desirable
- An understanding of mobile operating system UI / UX conventions (iOS + Android) would also be advantageous
Our members, partners and colleagues are at the heart of everything we do.
Our colleagues are integral to helping create the unique experience we deliver, so we’re genuinely committed to creating a place where our team love to work, and people want to join. We work as a team and try to have a bit of fun while we do it, and we recognise the importance of culture and the positive impact it can have on performance for you, the team, our organisation and our members. We believe in attracting the best talent no matter where you are, and have a hybrid working model, with colleagues based in London, the East Midlands and around the country.
We're also officially recognised as a Top 100 Great Place To Work UK, one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Wellbeing, Top 100 Best Workplaces for Women and recognised as investors in wellbeing by Investors in People.
What We Offer
- Hybrid working and flexible hours
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days plus public holidays, buy and sell and an additional day off for your birthday
- A company bonus scheme
- Great social events e.g., Christmas party, family fun day, summer party, sports matches
- Relaxed dress code and modern office space (games area, chill-out areas, book club, free coffee/tea/soft drinks/snacks)
- Onsite gym (including access to free HIIT & stretch classes)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Group auto-enrolment pension plan
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, sick pay
- Company funded private medical insurance
- Healthcare cashback plan
- Employee assistance programme (including mental health support)